Friday, October 26, 2012

Finished before Friday!

I finished the quilt I was binding on Monday, washed it and managed to get it in a box and to the post office in time to have it arrive ON the birthday of the recipient! WooHoo! And just in time for the Bloggers Quilt Festival!



So, I had a weird thing happen with this quilt... I ran out of time to get the quilt completely dry on the low heat setting I was willing to use while at the laundromat. When I got home it was such a nice day I thought I would hang it out to dry the rest of the way. When I took it off the line where it had been folded over at about the middle over the line the edges seemed to bow out sharply where it had been in contact with the line. Now I know for a fact that I trimmed those sides straight and the corners square. What's up with that? I suppose it will relax with time and possibly the next washing, but it was unsettling. It is quilted in a large allover meander with a variegated blue thread. I am so glad that this one is done after so long and done before the recipient's birthday. I am absolutely going to celebrate by sharing this Friday Finish with everyone else who finished something over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

6 comments:

  1. Love the quilt pattern - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Hidden Wells quilt! Just a hint, but when I dry my quilts, I use the air dry setting on my dryer to get the wet out and then I lay the quilt out on a bed to finish drying. I spread a vinyl tablecloth over the bed first so that the bed doesn't get wet. I also turn on the ceiling fan. The air moving around really dries the quilt quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia, great tip!

    This quilt is lovely and I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled even if there was a little stretching due to drying. As you said, it will probably disappear in the next wash/dry cycle.

    ReplyDelete